A healthy lifestyle during tough times!
Literally no time to hit the gym, eating healthy is complicated (?) and the #Treatyourself day was supposed to last 12 hours and “I’ve been treating myself with #CheatMeals for more than a month (late ice cream and hamburger sins included)”
We know it can be complicated due to lack of time, options or even motivation. So, don’t worry, we got your back for those complicated days. Here are a few tips to maintain a healthy lifestyle even on days that it seems impossible.
Tips for lack of time
- Did you know that new physical activities have an additional calorie cost on your body?
Did you have extra carbs from a full burger and fries meal and can’t hit the gym? Walk 2 extra blocks on your way home or walk up and down stairs for 15 minutes (slow step). Remember, it has to be new to your body, this generates an additional calorie burn.
- Home exercising works better when your body is not accustomed to it. Completing a home routine for 15 minutes will help make up for lost time of not doing any physical activity. Also, if you have home work out gear like sweat equipment, or ropes, don’t hesitate to use them!
Tips for food sins and nutrition improvement
- If you’re tired of restricting yourself, consider eating small portions instead of eating the whole thing!
- Eat green and prepare your weekly vegetables on Sunday. Yes, store your ready to eat veggies in your refrigerator and get a step ahead of possibly sinning.
- If you had a heavy cheat day, balance with reduced carbs on your next meal. If you have been doing it for a while, add carb enhancement supplements and complement with being more active than usual.
Treat Yourself: Do’s and Don’ts
- Do small portions
- Do award yourself for fitness goals achieved
- Do count calories and know how to balance your meals
- Don’t exaggerate
- Don’t treat yourself for no reason
- Don’t regret, balance your mistakes
SUBSCRIBE & STAY LIVELY
Receive free content: Fitness tips, recipes, workout routines & more!